Back to the Engineered Systems Table of Contents
CW-200 Waste Chemical Collection System
Kanto Corporation's CW-200 chemical waste collection units are designed for gravity fed, drum collection of low-volume chemical wastes. Each automated chemical waste collection unit is built to accommodate two (2) 200 liter drums for continuous collection of characterized chemical process wastes thereby allowing uninterrupted wafer processing.
- Microprocessor controller for simplified operation.
- Stainless steel cabinet for durability.
- Light tower for system status.
- 110% spill containment for one drum.
- Integrated glove station to protect operator from chemical residues and/or spills
- Divided cabinet compartment with auto switching between collection drums for on-line drum changes and 100% system uptime.
- Redundant level sensors and leak detection to prevent overfills of collection drums.
- Internal cabinet rollers for ease of drum loading and unloading.
- Emergency Manual Off Switch configurable to disable collection unit and waste generating tools.
- Drum roller platform eliminates ergonomic issues associated with drum handling.
Kanto's chemical waste collection units were designed for situations where lower waste volumes make large-scale collection systems impractical or prohibitively expensive. The modularity of CW-200 units allows them to be placed virtually anywhere within the floor plan of the existing support equipment area. Incorporation of a microprocessor, or optional PLC controller, provides for smooth communication with process tools and/or integration into facility-wide SCADA system. In addition, the built-in redundancy assures safe, continuous operation and the system design ensures unimpeded gravity flow.
System Specifications and Components
Each compartment of chemical waste collection unit includes:
- Space for one (1) 200 liter waste collection drum.
- Integrated glove box for safe handling.
- Drum roller platform for easy drum handling.
- Redundant high level sensors for automatic switching and shutdown.
- Double valve protection for safe drum changes and continuous operation.
- Direct exhaust vent from drum.
- Connection to house exhaust system.
- Monitored nitrogen purge of controls cabinet.
- Applicable standards: ANSI, NEC, UL, UBC, UFC, UMC, UPC, OSHA, NFPA.
- Stainless steel wetted parts.
- Compliance with Class 1, Division 2 requirements.
- Stainless steel cabinet, compartmentalized with internal divider to separate collection drums.
- Approximate dimensions: 72" W x 32" D x 72" H
- Power: 10A, 120V
- Exhaust: 200 cfm @ -0.5 H2O min
- Nitrogen: 50 l/min max at 90 psi min
- CDA: -60ÉC dewpoint, 20 l/min max at 90 psi min